Table of Contents
- 6. The Ugandan Boy Who Was Raised By Monkeys In The Jungle
- 5. The Russian Kid Who Was Raised By Birds In A Tiny Apartment
- 4. The Argentinean Kid Who Was Being Taken Cared Of By Cats
- 3. The Russian Boy Found In A Wolf’s Lair
- 2. The Two-Year-Old Russian Boy Who Was Raised By Goats
- 1. Siberian Boy, 7, Raised By Dogs After Parents Abandoned Him
The legend has it that Romulus and Remus, the twin founders of Rome, were abandoned as children and had to be suckled by a wolf until they were discovered by a wandering shepherd. Eventually they founded the great city on Palatine Hill, the very place where they had been cared for by the wolf. This is likely just a myth, but history abounds with real stories of children who really were raised by animals.
6. The Ugandan Boy Who Was Raised By Monkeys In The Jungle
After seeing his mother murdered by his father, a traumatized 4-year-old boy, John Ssebunya, fled into the jungle, where he was reportedly raised by a troop of vervet monkeys until his discovery in 1991. As is often the case when feral children are discovered, he resisted capture from the villagers who sought to take him in, and was assisted by his adoptive monkey family. Since his capture, John has been taught how to speak, and he can sing, too. In fact, he tours with the Pearl of Africa children’s choir.
5. The Russian Kid Who Was Raised By Birds In A Tiny Apartment
In 2008, a seven-year-old boy was found to have spent his entire life living in a tiny two bedroom apartment surrounded by birds. His mother never spoke to him and treated him as a pet. When found, he was unable to communicate – he could only chirp and flap his arms like wings.
4. The Argentinean Kid Who Was Being Taken Cared Of By Cats
The boy, whose ordeal mirrors that of the character Mowgli from Rudyard Kipling The Jungle Book, was discovered by police in Misiones, in Argentina, surrounded by eight wild cats.
3. The Russian Boy Found In A Wolf’s Lair
In 2007, hospital workers discovered a boy in a lair of “sticks and leaves” with a pack of wolves in the Kaluga region of Central Russia. They named him Lyokha, and were bewildered by the boy’s wolf-like traits, including claw-like toenails, sharp teeth, and a wolf-like gait.
2. The Two-Year-Old Russian Boy Who Was Raised By Goats
A two year-old boy raised mainly by goats has been taken into care by social workers in Russia.
The malnourished wild child named Sasha T was kept in a room with the animals by his mother Marina, 40, in Rostov region and has not learned how to speak, eat or use a potty.
‘He played and slept together with goats, which lived in the same room,’ said life.ru news website.
1. Siberian Boy, 7, Raised By Dogs After Parents Abandoned Him
A Mowgli-like wild boy who appears to have been raised by a dog since he was three months old has been discovered living in a remote part of Siberia seven years after he was abandoned by his parents.
You may also like these following articles: